Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 257

It's Saturday night and I'm still reeling from the medicines I took today. I have a sinus infection apparently, so this morning, Ruth gave me a Claritin D. Warning - Don't take it unless you want to feel like you've been taking amphetamines all day. It took the top of my head off, but it worked. My head doesn't hurt. I started on an antibiotic tonight, so that ought to knock it out. Beck's parents took the kids to Burlington this morning so that I could go to work, which is an hour drive one way. They never mind doing anything for us no matter what it is. I worked most of the day, then I brought home some barbecue for supper, and Beck's Dad led us in a Bible study. He's been studying and preaching the word for a very long time, so it was great. We studied the different baptisms, and the day of Pentecost from Acts. He has a way of explaining things so that I don't misinterpret what I'm reading and I can understand it. He really is a wonderful, unique man who believes in traditional values and loves the Lord. I love to watch Becka's parents together, because they are the classic love story and they adore each other. I understand that because today, I have the same thing. The woman of my dreams is inside on her lift chair / recliner watching the "Food Network". It's okay because football season is almost upon us!

 She hasn't had much energy today but she says she's feeling good. She's still taking one and a half steroids per day until tomorrow, then she will start one a day. She scared everyone yesterday by blacking out for a few seconds. We are all on pins and needles. Beck has always been an independent woman and I know it's hard for her to need help, so sometimes we overdo it. We just need for her to know that when she does need us, Ruth, Mom, Dad, or I will be right there. Becka's family is tight. There is no animosity between them, They have no grievances or outcasts. When one of them is in need, they are all there on the spot. You can look at them and tell that they were brought up to love God and each other, and that came from their parents. Beck's Mom and Dad set quite an example, and I've learned that unless I live what I preach, the kids won't follow suit. They learn from what I do, not what I say, so when Andrew sees me treating his mother the way God wants me to, he learns to treat his wife the same way one day. It's taken me a while to learn on my own, because my father was sick and abusive at times, so he lost my mother, but he had no father to teach him. I'm glad that I inherited my Mother's heart. I'm blessed to have a conscience, and I know for a fact that it came from learning to love and trust in the Lord. I've said before that I didn't love anyone but myself in the past, but now all of that has changed because I changed. 

I have to say how grateful I am to Beck's sisters. Ruth has been here twice for extended stays, and I don't know what I would do without her, but I know that she is giving up being with her husband and kids to take care of Beck, and me. It hurt my heart tonight at supper because she shouted "Woo Hoo". She had just gotten a message that her son had scored a goal in soccer. I know how proud she is of her children, because she's got some great kids, but I also know that it had to hurt not to be there to see it. Sometime soon, she deserves to go on a cruise with her family and catch up. It's times like today that don't come back, but she's willing to miss it because she loves her sister. Sacrifice is the sign of a true Christian, and she definitely fits that bill. So does Beck's other sister Debbie, who I miss and wish was here with us. Debbie has given of herself without even thinking about it, and I know it's killing her to not be here. Just know Debbie that you are in our hearts and prayers every day if you are reading this. By the way Deb, I've deafened three telemarketers with the air horn since you've been gone! I love it when they call now!

This journey continues today and we are along for the ride. I'm going to give my gorgeous wife a bath, put lotion all over her, and tuck her in for the night. Then I'm going to wait for this medicine to burn itself out and try to go to sleep as well, lol. I guess we learn from out mistakes, and I've learned that Clariten and I don't mix.

Sweet dreams and God Bless. Same time tomorrow I hope!



x