Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 245

Monday night and it's been a good day. We are grateful for good days. We had Wendy's for supper, and I just gave Becka a shower. She's sitting on the couch watching TV with Autumn. Our friend Carolyn came by a little while ago to see Beck, and her parents left some time ago. Carolyn is so wonderful. She sends Becka cards all of the time, and her son takes Taekwondo with Andrew. She has a heart the size of Texas. 

We are relaxing tonight. It's been a very stressful year. I took Autumn back to the doctor when I got off of work and they took out her packing. Her staff infection is just about healed up, but it's hurting her. She's still on antibiotics and she's taking Advil for the pain. We cut back even farther on Becka's steroids today. They had her on such a high dose that it was making her feel bad and has blown her up. She has to taper down steroids over a period of time. 

I worked with my boss today and his boss. I told them that I needed to take more work off to be with her, and they told me that whatever I needed to do was fine. They said my job is secure and if they could help to just let me know. They even said that if they needed to bring in mechanics from other areas to cover for me that they would. I'm truly amazed at the heart of Food Lion as a whole. They have gone above and beyond what most companies would do. I thank God every day for my job. He knew what he was doing when he led me there. 

Please pray for the kid's Dad and Stepmom. They are at the hospital and "Seth" should be coming in to the world about now. Please pray that everything goes smoothly. 

I'm past exhaustion. We get up several times a night and it's hard to go back to sleep because I watch her for a while. She's starting to nod off on the couch, so I'm going to get her to bed. My Baby needs me, and I need her. I always have and always will. She is a big part of the man I am today because she loved me before I could love myself. I'm so blessed to be where I am. I need to keep that in mind as the days go by and things change. All will be revealed one day. Until then, I'm learning the meaning of "Blind Faith". 

Good night and God Bless. Sweet Dreams.