Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 263

Finally Friday! It's been a good day. I worked all day, then my Mom and Stepdad brought us Mountain Fried Chicken for supper. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have a Mountain Fried Chicken in their town. It's fabulous. We also had cole slaw, pasta, potato wedges, and baked apples. I'm stuffed! Beck had a good day, but her energy level is going down daily. She is still on the steroids, but she sleeps during the day and by bedtime, she's completely wiped out. The cancer and the treatments have take their toll on her, but she's a fighter. There is no quit in her. It was good for my Mom to see her. My Mother adores Becka, and so does the rest of my family. They know she's the best thing that ever happened to me. I've been told numerous times that if she ever kicked me to the curb, she's a permanent part of the family and I'm out!

 We received several blessings today. First, our friends Dwayne and Leslie sent us a check from the fund raiser they did for Becka, then one of my stores gave us a card that they all signed, and all of them chipped in a financial blessing, and finally a friend of mine and her husband sent Becka three dozen roses! They are absolutely beautiful and she loves them. Her Mom arranged them for her in a couple of vases. People never cease to amaze me. I want everyone to know that no matter what they do, it blesses us and we are grateful beyond words. Thank you!

Tomorrow is a big day. I'm going to work in the morning, then Becka and I are going to lunch with some friends, and I'm going back to work tomorrow evening. I need to make as much money as I can for now. Ruth is flying home Sunday, so I'm taking her to the airport Sunday morning. I'm dreading her leaving, but I'm happy for her as well. She needs to see her family and they need her. Becka's sisters are very special and unique. Their personalities are polar opposites, but their hearts are the same size and wouldn't fit in most people's chests. They are my sisters now, and I love them both. I would do anything for either of them, and I pray that God puts me in the position to make a difference in their lives one day.

We are watching Hannity together, then going to bed. It's been a long month. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm grateful for this one. My Baby is right beside of me, and I have a date with her tomorrow! We are going to Olive Garden so I can show this "Hottie" off! 

Sweet Dreams and God Bless!