Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 241

It's Thursday night and we just got home from an incredible supper. Becka's Dad and Mom took us out to Lonestar Steak House. I had a ribeye and it melted in my mouth. I brought a lot of it home. Becka had a ribeye as well, and a brownie for desert. We took a bunch of pictures, so as soon as her Dad posts them, I will too. We got some great pictures of the kids, Debbie, Beck's Mom and Dad, and Beck. I really love her family. They are the greatest in the world. Both of Beck's sisters and I click. They appreciate my sarcasm, lol. We came back here and now we are relaxing for a bit before we go to bed. Today was a good day, and I'm grateful for every good day. I'm grateful for every miserable day with Beck. I'm drying our sheets for our bed right now, because one of the dogs decided that the best place to get sick was on our bed. Oh well. Clean sheets always feel wonderful. I'm fixing to help Becka take a shower. She's been up a bunch lately so I know she's tired. We had a close, intimate moment this morning for a few seconds. I held her face, kissed her and told her everything was going to be okay, and it is. God will sort all of this out for us. He takes away our fear and replaces it with hope for the future. We will always have hope as long as we believe in the promise given to us on the cross by the blood of Jesus. I remember when I had to chose between believing that Jesus was either the biggest nut job, con man of all time, or he was the Messiah who had come to save us and give us a way to God. I believe in the second one, and one day we will all be with him.


My eyes are heavy so I'm going to wrap this up. I'm going in to help her get a shower and get ready for bed. God Bless and sweet dreams. Please keep my mother and step father in your prayers. They had their dog put to sleep today after nineteen years, and their hearts are hurting, even though they did the right thing.


Peace!