Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 258

Sunday night and I'm grateful. I'm grateful for today which was a good one. My headache is gone, probably due to the antibiotic kicking in. We started off right this morning. Becka's parents took us out to breakfast at IHOP. Her Dad always takes pictures no matter where we go. You can always tell a man who loves his family. I enjoyed getting Becka ready to go. She wore her pink hat, and I put her earrings on for her, as well as all of her bracelets, her watch, and her necklace. She looked fantastic, and had a great meal. You can't go wrong at IHOP. 

We came back here and I cleaned up a while, then we watched a few episodes of 24. We love Jack Bauer. That was such a great show. I wish it still came on, and Kieffer Sutherland is a great actor. This evening, the ladies cooked supper in the crock pot. It was some type of chicken dish that they didn't like, so I doubt we will ever have it again. I drove to get the kids, and got stuck in traffic in Greensboro for two hours. I was so frustrated until I got up to the wreck. Then I bowed my head and prayed for the people that they were cutting out of the car. Some morons were driving around six dune buggies on the highway, and apparently one of them flipped and caused a horrible wreck with probably ten cars. The fire department was cutting one of the cars open with the jaws of life. After I saw that, I didn't mind the wait. I pray that they were okay.

Tomorrow is a big day, and I'm not looking forward to it. We get Becka's test results back, and they will make a decision on which way to go from here. She hasn't been reading my blog because she can't focus her eyes very well at night, so let me just say, we are praying for a miracle and preparing for the worst. Please keep her in your prayers. I plan on going to work after we get out of the doctor, but it all depends on how she is. We see the progression every day. It's like Becka goes a little farther away, then she comes back, so we really don't know. We are all full of fear, but we trudge on together and carry each other sometimes. I have a good friend named JC who I talk to on a regular basis. He and his wife Carmen were at our wedding. Several years ago, Carmen had to go out of town to a convention in Arizona, but when she didn't show up one day, they checked on her and found her in the hotel shower. She had fallen and had a massive stroke. She's forty nine years old. He flew to Arizona and couldn't bring her home for three months until her condition stabilized. He has helped me because our lives are intermingled. Both of our lives and plans for the future changed overnight, and we devoted the rest of our lives to taking care of our wives who needed us. He understands when I say that I don't want to leave the house, because I'm afraid of what might happen when I'm gone. He knows what it's like to see our vibrant, beautiful wives stricken down in their primes and succumb to illness. He too understands that there are certain things that she wants only him to do for her. It tears our hearts out and stomps them in the ground, but the fellowship he and I share is invaluable. It's like we have our own little support group. We share stories, tears, and prayer with each other. We usually don't get off of the phone without crying. I really do love the guy. 

I just put Beck to bed, and I'm headed there myself. Tonight for some reason, the 23rd Psalm is running through my mind. I know God is all around me, giving me strength. I'm praying for another day with the love of my life. Every day together is a gift. It always has been, I just took it for granted, until now.

Good night and God Bless!