Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 267

It's Tuesday night and we are watching the RNC, (Republican National Convention). I'm watching it with Beck's Mom and Dad. She went to bed a while ago. I put her PJ's on her, gave her meds to take, then tucked her in. After the night we had last night, I'm not surprised that she's exhausted. We actually got up out of bed four times, and one time she tried to get up but I've been tying our legs together. I asked her where she was going, and she said to get a bowl of Raisin Bran. I convinced her to lay back down due to the fact that it was three O'clock am. I'm running on pure adrenalin. My team had a meeting today at work. They said I dozed off a couple of times during a speech given by one of our outside contractors, but I kept nodding my head, so I guess I heard him subconsciously. I'm sitting on the porch right now and the wind is really picking up. Looks like we may have a storm tonight. I am working with my boss tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll be able to catch up on sleep. I have literally had six hours in the past three days. Eventually, I may just pass out, but so far so good. The good thing is that my boss knows everything that is going on, so if I fall out in front of him, it's all good.

Beck is still hurting, so we increased the pain meds. The doctor said to look for this to come. She hasn't been getting any exercise because it's hard for her to walk. I'm going to keep tying her leg to mine so she doesn't try to sleep walk again. She's okay with it because she doesn't remember getting up the next morning. My Baby is still fighting, and we are fighting with her. The war isn't over, and Christians never lose anyway. She is going to be fine. The rest of us, that remains to be seen.

I'm going to try and get a couple of winks. I would really like to stay up and see Chris Christy's speech, but I don't know if my mind will shut down before then. Lord, please give me strength to finish what you need for me to finish. This is a Journey. I know where the destination is for all of us, but the hard part is staying on the path. I am so in love with my beautiful wife. She's my Angel. I've loved her from the first time I met her. I knew I wanted to spend my life with her, and if I had know how this would go, it wouldn't have mattered. I treasure every second with her, and if she looks for me, she won't have to look far. I'll be right here beside of her, letting her know that it's all going to be okay.

Sweet Dreams, God Bless, and good night.