Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 262

Thursday night and it's been a good day. We are winding down for the night. We just watched "The American Bible Challenge". It's a new game show based on questions about the bible. Jeff Foxworthy is the host. We all enjoyed it, and I learned that Becka and her family are much better at it than I am. Just another reason to read the bible every day. It would be great if a lot more shows came on based on the Bible. Together we can put God back on television at least, because he's been taken out of everything else. I stayed home today. We had a good day together. Beck and her Mom are still working on photo albums. I worked out beside the house today, then I cooked a lasagna for supper. I cooked a huge pan so we will be eating it for days.  

Beck was up a lot last night. I woke up several times and she was listening to her IPOD. I pray that she's not afraid to go to sleep, even though we all are a little. I know my wife better than I know myself, and I can tell you, if she's afraid, she's not showing it. I can only imagine what must be going through her mind. She's so very strong. I believe that God has given her peace. She's always upbeat, even though she gets confused more and more these days. She forgets what she is doing, then comes right back. Hopefully, taking two steroids a day will help her with that. I'm going to work in the morning, but I'm not going far so that I can be home quickly if needed. We still have to eat and have lights, so I'm going to try and get as many hours in as possible.

I'm going to see if I can get her to go to bed. They are watching a cooking show, but I'm ready to collapse. I was going to take a nap today but never got around to it. One day at a time, that is how we are living. A friend of Becka's and her husband bought us a gift card to Olive Garden this Saturday. Thanks so much Erin Hammonds! We greatly appreciate it. We haven't been on a date in a while. That's one of the things I miss. Beck and I always had a "Date Night". I guess I took some things for granted. I could list a hundred things right now that I wish we could do again, but I know won't happen, so I'm holding on tight to my memories of them, and I'm grateful for them. If I could give a word of advice to anyone reading this, it would be two words, "Do It". Don't talk about going places together or trying new things, go there and try them tomorrow. Do it before you can't do it. Becka and I wanted to go to DC in the fall. That will be one of the things on my bucket list. One day maybe, but if you love someone, and you want to do something special with that person, please don't wait. Just get up and do it the first chance you have. Our memories are everything, but the one thing that we never know if we will have enough of is Time. Don't let your time run out. Use every second of every day to it's fullest. As for me, I have no regrets. The time God has given me with my love is priceless. I loved my life when Becka said "I Do", and I love my life now. She's my Angel!

Good night and God Bless.