Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 259

It's Monday night and I just got home. It's been an up and down day. We went to see Becka's doctor this morning and got her results. The MRI showed that the tumors are still in her brain, but they haven't grown any due to the last round of radiation. That part is good. He also bumped her back up to two steroids a day. Then he told her that at the present time, there is no more treatment available. He can't do any chemotherapy, and even if he could, it doesn't work on the brain, and she can't have any more radiation. He says he's more concerned right now with her quality of life, which is very good. She's still fighting and I can't see her stopping anytime soon. She's fighting her cancer with diet and prayer. The doctor gave me a huge hug. We owe him a debt of gratitude for all that he's done. It occurred to me that when a doctor is in medical school, they can choose any type of practice to go in to, but the doctors that choose Oncology are special. They aren't doing it for the money. They devote their lives to saving others and enriching people's lives. I can sit here and wish all day that medical science had a way to treat brain cancer, but right now it doesn't exist, so we appeal to the great and only healer, the Lord God. It's completely in his hands now. It always has been, but it's to him that we turn for everything now.

 My Baby is sitting up typing on the computer right now. Today is all we have to begin with, so we have made the most of it. I'm taking off of work as much as possible, but we still have to eat and have lights, so I have to work some, but I need to be beside her. I need to reach out and her be there. Just for today, we are grateful for our family. We have something special here. I could look my whole life and never find the love that I've found in Becka. I have no doubt that right now, at this time in history, we were meant to be together. 

Becka's sister Ruth made supper tonight. It was a taco dish that she made with crescent rolls in a circle. It was very good, and after supper, I went to the North Carolina Republican National Committee Headquarters and worked the phones for a couple of hours. I had a fantastic time hanging out with other conservatives. I'm going to work there again in a couple of days. It is a release for me, and it's very important to me as well.

I don't know where we go from here. It's all in God's hands, but we aren't going to waste a second of the time we have left, whether it be hours or years. As I was on my way home tonight, I took a picture of the sunset. It was so beautiful and it touched my heart. God is with us, all around us. He feels our pain and gives us peace. Tomorrow is a new day, and we are grateful for this one. 

I'm going to bed with my gorgeous wife. Good night and God Bless. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the sunset. Look at this and tell me there isn't a God who loves us.