Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 242

It's Friday night and I just put my Baby to bed for the evening in her new purple pajamas. (Yes I wear them sometimes). I tucked her in and gave her a pain pill. I love seeing her so comfortable. My mind has been flooded with memories today, which reminds me that what doesn't kill me will make me stronger. I talked to a ninety seven year old Lady today. I helped her get her groceries in her car. She said that her husband had passed away two years ago and that they were married in 1940. They were married for seventy years. I don't think that Beck could put up with me for that long. I sure would like to try it though. She was an incredible Lady who I would love to sit down with and just listen for hours. Can you imagine the stories? She drove away by the way, which scares me a little. I guess we just need to pray that God doesn't decide to take her to Heaven when she's doing sixty five on the highway. I told her about Becka's fight with cancer and she prayed with me on the spot. Both of us were crying afterwards and she gave me a big hug. God knows what he is doing all of the time. He puts people in our lives to send his love through. 


I had to pull part of Autumn's packing out of her wound tonight with some tweezers and cut it off. It's looking good. The doctor told me how much to pull out, and she goes back to see him on Monday to get the rest taken out. It occurred to me that it didn't bother me at all to do that. Part of the reason may be because I love her and nothing bothers me when I'm helping her, but I've been playing "Nurse" with Becka as well. I might have made a good male nurse. I guess we will never know, but I do intend to volunteer at the cancer center. The volunteers help the patients from their cars to the clinics and back again. Whatever they need me to do, I'm willing.


I've often heard the term, "Life is too short", and it didn't sink in with me. The first twenty years of my life, I thought I was invincible. The second twenty years I constantly thought that I was going to fall over at any time, but I didn't care. Now I don't use that term anymore. Instead, the term "One Day At A Time" means so much more to me. All we have is today, and I need to make the most of it. We are enjoying every second as a family and giving all glory to God for it. It gives me peace in my heart to know that today, I loved my wife with all of my heart, and I did it the way God wanted me to. Whatever she wants or needs, I will be right there to make sure she gets it. Tonight I thank God for today, and ask him for tomorrow. He knows my heart, so I can be at peace. 


I'm going to bed and probably watch her all night. I love to watch her sleep because she's so content. The sound of her breathing is almost as sweet as the sound of her voice. She's here with me tonight. I don't need anything else in this world.


Good night. God Bless!