Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 239

It's Tuesday night and I'm a little bummed. First Ruth, then Gina. Friends and family make life so much  better. I know they had to go home to see their families, and that they will be back though. I just got back from taking Gina to the airport. She didn't want to leave, but she will be back soon. She missed her grandbaby though! That is the cutest kid. We have seen lots of pictures and she's a living doll! I had a bowl of Raisin Bran for supper. Debbie cooked but I didn't feel like heating it up. I'll eat some tomorrow. There are people who have a calming effect in storms, and Gina is one of those people. She has a gift of saying the right things at the right time. A guy at work today told me, "He knew how I felt". I told him that if he knew how I felt he'd be screaming. I know that at times like this, people don't know what to say. I've seen the expressions and knew that if they could pull their words out of the air and put them back, they would. It's fine, because I have to tell how Becka is doing about a hundred times a day. Sometimes it bothers me to relive it all day, but then I'm grateful for the fact that so many people care enough to ask. 


Beck is doing good tonight. The doctor has cut back on her steroids, so she should start feeling better. I pray she gets her strength back, and she already has gotten some of it back. I brought her some Combos from the airport, and I'm sitting here watching her through the back door. She really is gorgeous and beautiful in every way. We have several friends coming to see her this weekend. Please pray for their safe journey here.


An incredible thing happened to me today. Last night, a man contacted me to tell me that his friend had found my class ring and wanted to give it back. I lost it twenty years ago. I wrote them back and met them at McDonalds today. He has been looking for me for years because he wanted me to have my ring, and he didn't want anything in return. The hearts of people astonish me sometimes! God Bless Allan and Mike! You guys are now my friends for life! I'm copying this paragraph to my facebook! Becka has my ring on now. I guess we are going "steady". I wonder if I can get a kiss on the first date? I gotta try anyway. Wish me luck!


Today has been a good day. I'm grateful for every second of every day I get to spend with the most beautiful woman in the world.


 God Bless and sweet dreams!