Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 217

It's Monday night I think. I worked fourteen hours today. It was a very productive day though, and I got to see my Uncle Kirk. He always has a way of picking me up. It looks like it's going to storm so I'm going to write this fast because I'm outside on the deck. Becka has had a good day. Ruth is taking very good care of her. She went to her radiation today and she is still on the steroids. It's wonderful to have Ruth here for many reasons. She takes fantastic care of Becka and the kids, and she calms me when I'm camping out in my head. We are all in this together, that much is certain! Ruth cooked a fantastic supper of pork chops and mashed potatoes tonight. I'm going to sleep like a baby, because I'm exhausted. After we got home from the beach yesterday, I got a call from my mother saying that my step brother Daryl was in the hospital. He's on life support and they are keeping his heart beating with drugs. PLEASE keep him in your prayers as well as his father Steve and the rest of the family. Anyone who knows Daryl is aware that he has a heart of gold. I've known him all of my life. Daryl will give you the shirt off of his back and he has always been full of love. The problem is the same with everyone else. He has his demons. We all do, it's just that some are more destructive than others, and Daryl's have always tried to kill him. I'm praying for him to recover quickly. His father is married to my mother, and I've said many times how wonderful of a man Steve is. This is hurting him and everyone pretty severely, so I pray that God lifts him up tonight.


The love of my life is sitting on the couch and she doesn't know I'm watching her. I'm always watching her because she's fun to look at for a heterosexual, alpha male. She's a hottie, that's for sure! I love the pictures that Ruth posted on my blog. She worked on it this morning, and maybe you will be able to tell how good of a time we had through them. Sometimes pictures can be deceiving, but not these. This beach trip was so full of love and memories, and I will treasure it for the rest of my life.


I'm going to bed because it's going to be a long day tomorrow. Becka has her Aredia treatment in the morning as well as labs, and then she has radiation in the afternoon. I'm getting off of work early to pick her and Ruth up so we can go to the lawyer's office for legal stuff, then we are meeting with the kid's Dad and stepmom, and maybe we can go to taekwondo tomorrow night. Like I said, a long day.


God Bless and keep those prayers coming please! We need theme and so does Daryl. I'm going to bed with a gorgeous, beautiful Angel, right after I tell her how gorgeous and beautiful she is! Sweet Dreams!