Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 237

It's Sunday night and we are getting ready for bed. Becka is exhausted but it's been a good day for her. She and I went to Walmart today and she rode on a mart cart, but the battery went down half way through the store, so I had to push her. We were going so fast that she was getting cold! Then we ran by Lowes Hardware and I bought her a hanging plant and a new hummingbird feeder. We have several hummingbirds in the back yard now. They are very cool, and I have the bird feeders positioned so that she can see them from the living room. I took Autumn to the doctor today. She had a cyst come up on her shoulder, and they said it was a staff infection. They don't think it's serious, but they lanced it and packed it so it won't close up, and she has to go back on Wednesday. She is so tough. She held my hand the whole time the doctor was working on it and I dabbed her eyes. They put her on antibiotics for a week and I bought some Advil. She should be fine. She and I talked on the way there, and I became quite emotional. I didn't mean to in front of her, but it just hit me all of a sudden, like it does a thousand times a day. How I get anything accomplished is by the grace of God. I took her afterwards and bought her a frappacino mocha with mint. Over the past six years, I have watched her grow from a child to a beautiful, intelligent young woman. She's SO like her mother in almost every way, yet she has quite a bit of individuality. I can't say in words how blessed I am to be her's and Andrew's stepdad. They trust me, and I've earned it. 


Becka has a doctor's appointment in the morning with her Oncologist. We will know then if he is going to start her on an oral chemotherapy. I still haven't heard from the doctor in the Caribbean, even though they promised to call me this weekend. I'm rather angry at them, and I'm getting the feeling that they are a "Dog and Pony" show, selling false hope. Maybe they can team up with a certain television Evangelist I'm not too fond of. It seems to be all about money. Becka and I talked today, and we know it's in God's hands, but she's getting frustrated at some of the things that are happening. Her body isn't cooperating, and she told me today that she's scared. I let her know that so am I. I also told her that no matter what happens, I will be right by her side, no matter what the Lord has planned for us. She's my partner, my soulmate, my wife, and my best friend in the world. Nothing could and would ever change that. When I said, "I do", I meant it. So here I am, watching cancer at it's worst, people at their best, my beautiful wife fighting through it, and God all around us. I'm praying for mercy and Grace, both of which he has given us in the past, and both of which he has an abundance of. 


All we have is today, and we made the most of it. Gina and Debbie cooked a fabulous supper and we had home made banana bread afterwards. Tomorrow means a lot to us. Whatever the doctor says will make or break our day. I will let you know what's going on as soon as I know. 


God Bless you all with all of my heart. One day I will be there for you. Sweet Dreams!