Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 213

It's Thursday night and I just got home. I had to run to work for a bit, and I took Autumn to practice driving. She starts driver's education on Monday, and I've been working with her for a while now, so she will have a leg up! She's very good. I'm glad this day is almost over. My head is fixing to come off. The physiology of the human body is amazing. I've found that when I laugh, I feel better, but when I cry for days on end like I have been doing, I hurt all over. I made the decision that I'm not going to grieve anymore. There is nothing to grieve. A wise old friend once told me that I needed to cease the deliberate manufacture of misery. That definitely applies here. Tomorrow after radiation, we are taking my gorgeous wife to the beach, and we are going to have fun! God Bless Becka's brother David and his wife Sue, and her two sisters Ruth and Debbie for making this possible. Also, God Bless everyone who helped out with this trip. It seems everyone is chipping in. I can't tell you what it means for Becka to be able to feel the sand between her toes, smell the ocean air, and walk in the water on the beach with the kids. This trip means more than any other ever has. I only wish that the whole family could be there. I'm praying that one or more of her friends will show up, but I know that a lot of you are on your way to North Carolina. Please get here soon and safely! All are welcome, and the more people we have the better. She needs the support, and so do we.




We made Becka an appointment with one of the top doctors at Baptist Hospital concerning brain cancer. We are taking her Thursday afternoon and they are transferring all of her records. We are pursuing every avenue available. This is a fight we aren't going to lose gracefully. Her doctor today was very pleased with her progress since last week. Her speech is better as well as her gait. The steroids are working, so he doesn't think there was any brain damage! He thinks there was swelling, so she is okay for now. They are still giving her radiation every day, so please keep praying. I know that I don't have to say that, but I need to write it, if you know what I mean.


I will be updating my blog every day from the beach, and we will have TONS of pictures to post and make albums out of. My computer is acting up, so I'm going to go ahead and post this quick. God Bless and thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I love you!