Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day 230

It's Sunday night and I'm finally winding down for the evening. This has been a great day. We spent the whole day together. Ruth and Debbie fixed a fantastic lunch with roasted chicken, salad, and fresh fruit, then Becka and I took Autumn to get her glasses repaired, and we went shopping at Kohl's. We had two ten dollar gift coupons, so we checked out separately, lol. Then we came back here and had tostados and ice cream for supper. Overall it was a very good day. I tried to call the Cancer Center in the Islands, but couldn't reach anyone today. It's discouraging that we haven't heard anything. We are praying hard. We all watched a sermon this morning from Gregg Laurie with Harvest Ministries. I ordered it from their website. I listen to Gregg every morning on my way to work, then John MacCarthur and David Jeremiah if I have time. We have a great Christian radio station here, and the word always starts my day on the right track, but the other day I was full of doubt, and Gregg Laurie gave this sermon. The title is, "Why do bad things happen to Christians". Gregg Laurie gives a powerful testimony. He lost his son in a car wreck about four years ago. If he didn't know the Lord, he wouldn't have made it. I know all about that. I don't have the strength in me to go through this with Beck, but God has carried us all. With him, all things are possible.


My beautiful wife is laying on the couch watching a cooking show. I'm in to Sci Fi so I'm in the bedroom watching "Falling Skies". Everyone has been working hard around here, so the house is in good shape. I still have a million things to do, but there is always tomorrow. It just occurred to me that I'm not afraid right now, and I haven't been all day. I'm very grateful for that. I've been praying for peace for everyone involved, and I think he gave it to me today. As long as she is okay, I am okay. 


I'm going to call it a night. God Bless you all. I pray that you never have to hate something as much as I do, (that something being cancer). As soon as Becka is okay, I'm devoting a large part of my life to raising money for cancer research. It's senseless for cancer to ever win. This disease is straight from Hell. It can attack her body, but it can't touch her soul. She's still the most unbelievable woman in the world, and she always will be to me. I love her so much.


Sweet Dreams