Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 223

I can't believe it's Sunday already. This weekend has flown by, but it's been wonderful. Becka has thoroughly enjoyed having everyone here, and Ruth has worked her butt off. Ruth has really stood up, directed, and coordinated everything, and she's done a fantastic job. She would make a great manager! Everyone has been wonderful and it's made Becka very happy to have them all here. I'm going to bed in a few because I'm exhausted and so is Becka. It's a good kind of tired though. This weekend has been very productive and emotional at the same time. We are all here together for one common purpose, and that is to support Beck. I learned something about myself today that I didn't know. In the past, I thrived on resentment and controversy, because it gave me a rush. Self righteousness was a major character defect of mine. It was all about me, and at least I wasn't as bad as-fill in the blank. Today, there is no room in my heart for resentment. Only love and compassion, because that is what I'm praying for Becka. Everyone who has come to see her has lifted her up and given her more hope, which is what she needs. This is not over until she gives up, and that isn't going to happen any time soon! God Bless Catherine, Jen, Laurie, John, Andrew, Casey, Michael, Tori, and a couple of others who don't want to be named. You are all very special and have made a big difference in the lives of Becka and myself. I love you all!


It looks like the best option for Becka is to go to the Caribbean for cancer treatments. We are about ninety nine percent there. We are waiting on insurance, then we are sending her south with a couple of people, probably Ruth and her parents. I feel that God is leading us that way, and we are going to go the extra mile. No regrets. 


I'm going to put her to bed and go myself. God Bless all of you! Thank you for everything, and please pray for guidance as we move forward!