Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 208

It's Saturday and a better day all the way around. Becka is actually doing better. The doctor started her on high powered steroids, and they have taken her pain away. She was able to sleep on her side last night for the first time in a long time. It was very nice, because I got to look at her face all night. I slept about an hour last night. To be honest, I was afraid to go to sleep. This morning, I took her for her second radiation treatment. They will make her feel better as well, and she has improved dramatically in just two treatments. Her speech is much clearer and her eyes are more focused. She still has no equilibrium and her motor skills are at about fifty percent. She is having a hard time typing, which is annoying her, but that will go away when the radiation is over. The stroke didn't cause any permanent damage. We did a few things around the house today. I needed to go to work, but I was afraid to leave her, so I sent a back up company to the stores that needed service today. Becka's sister Ruth is going to be here tomorrow, (praise the Lord), and I'll be able to relax a little and do what I need to. I'm so grateful for her family and mine, and all of our supportive friends who give of themselves without expecting anything in return. God Bless you all. I couldn't do this without you. 


Becka loves her IPOD. She listens to music all of the time, and today it went missing. We turned the house upside down, then I searched the van and my truck, but no IPOD. She was heart broken because it has been with her all the way through all of her treatments, and she has over a hundred inspirational songs on it which lift her up. We came to the conclusion that she had left it at the hospital, so I called and talked to a lady named Jill, (God Bless her), who went down to radiology and looked for it, but couldn't find it. I had just given her my IPOD, when I decided to make one more search. Her camera bag was sitting there and we had both looked in it, but the third time I looked, her IPOD magically appeared in the back pocket. I can't tell you how happy it made her, and me. Does anyone doubt that God had  everything to do with finding it? 


I'm in much better spirits tonight. She is better, so I am better. Her attitude is still that of a warrior, and she hasn't lost a step in the battle. She wants to be well, so we are at war, and we will be until we defeat the enemy, or it defeats us. There is no giving up, and no turning back. She is going to win.


A good friend of ours made the suggestion of creating a paypal account for anyone who would like to help with doctor bills, medicines, etc. I would never ask for a penny from anyone, but I did create an account, and when Ruth gets here tomorrow, I'm going to ask her to put the link on my blog. Please don't be offended by it or feel obligated in any way, but several people have asked how they could help, so I'm going to make it possible. We appreciate everything, especially the prayers, and I've been praying all day. I'm giving it all to God. Whatever happens is up to him.


God Bless and good night. I'll post more tomorrow, and hopefully it will be good news!