Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 200

It's Friday night and we are watching a great movie, "Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows". It's fantastic so far! Robert Downey Jr is truly a story of redemption. He went from battling a severe heroin addiction in real life, to being one of Hollywood's best. He's one of my favorites! Today was a very good day. I got a lot accomplished at work, then I got home and Becka had cooked supper. We made brownies and are spending time together tonight. This is what I need I think.

 We have dealt with sickness and fear for so long now, and it has taken it's toll. I just want us to be a normal family again. I miss the affection and passion we used to have, and I want it all back now. Becka has been through so much. I just want my wife back. I want her to feel good again, and I'm fearful sometimes that when she does get well, it won't be the same as it was. When we first met, we couldn't walk past each other without reaching out. I never knew what families endured with cancer. The physical part is obvious, but the emotional turmoil can change feelings. I want intimacy again, like we had when we first met, and all the way up to her getting sick. I may be asking for too much too soon, but I'm willing to stick it out. I just pray that when this is all over, she feels the same way about me that she did when she said, "I do". I love her more every day, but sometimes it feels like we are just existing. Please God let things go back to normal.

We are going to finish watching our movie. God Bless and I'll update tomorrow. Sweet Dreams!