Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 191

It's Wednesday night and I'm finally sitting down. Today has been a long day. I got a lot done at work, then went by my Brother's house afterwards to help him fix his air-conditioning. When I got home, Becka had cooked supper and cleaned up, so there wasn't much to do. She's still hurting quite a bit and that concerns me, but she's been through so much. It will take her body a while to heal, but we will get there! I wish we could take off to the beach for a couple of days, but that's probably going to happen around November. I get more vacation days then, and her hair will be back, so she will be able to enjoy it. I'm going to try and scrap as much metal between now and then to pay for it. I scrap metal as a side business. I've been doing it for years. It's a great supplement, but the problem these days is that everyone seems to be doing it. There is a lot more competition, especially with the economy as bad as it is. Scrapping metal is hard work, but these days people will do just about anything to put food on the table. I think about how blessed we are to have the life we do, compared to so many who are going without. It's heart breaking.

I had some quiet time today, so I prayed through lunch, thanking God for Becka's recovery. It kind of hit me hard today. I really expected her to be in remission, but the emotional toll this has taken is enormous for all involved. It's going to take some time for everyone to heal, and there will always be a small amount of fear. Becka will have to stay close with her doctors and stay on top of this. She has almost beaten it, but the war isn't over. There are still battles to be fought. I'm just glad she has some time to regroup. I thank God so much for putting me where I am right now. I would like to think I've made a difference through all of this. I pray that I will always make a positive difference in Becka's life so that she will want me in it. I can't wait for her hair to come back! She is SO ready for it. She won't have to wear a hat anymore! That will be a blessing for her.

I hate to complain but I have to go to the doctor tomorrow. I can barely walk now, and I'm afraid that my journey towards being a black belt in taekwondo will come to a halt. I've broken my right toe and foot several times, and now it's hurting pretty severly. I can feel something hard in the ball of my foot, and that is where the pain is coming from. It may have grown back wrong, or I have a cyst. Either way it warrants an xray. I hate getting old! I'm paying for the years of rodeoing and not taking care of myself. I'm also afraid that if something is really wrong with my foot, they will put me out of work or operate on it. That would never do. I'm praying that it's just sprained or bruised. I may just go get a shot of cortisone in it for now.

Becka is doing okay except for the pain and weakness, but she's in remission. All Glory to God for that! Who would have thought that my sweet, wonderful wife would beat stage 4 cancer? I did all along, because I know how strong she is. She really is remarkable!

God Bless and good night. See you tomorrow!