Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 180

Saturday night and my beautiful wife has gone to bed early. She wasn't feeling well. She was cold and achy, so I'm making brownies with the kids and drinking coffee. They probably won't go to bed tonight because of it. I'll have to slip some benedryl in their brownies! I wish I could say I'm feeling better, but today has been hard. I'm not going to complain though because it seems like that's all I do. I just pray that I get to feeling better soon! I went to work today and worked for a couple of hours, but then came home and rested, then we all went to get something to eat at TJ's Deli here in Winston. They have FABULOUS food. I had a steak and cheese hoagie. Autumn had an Italian hoagie. Becka had half of a huge club sandwich, and Andrew had a terriyaki chicken salad. Man this coffee is good tonight.

I caught myself slipping today. I had to get back to an attitude of gratitude. Becka and I were short with each other and didn't make up immediately. When that happens, it hurts me to the bone and I carry it with me, so I sent her a text and told her how much I love her. The enemy is constantly attacking us. We just need to be aware of that and put on the armor of God all of the time. Things are great now, even though she's not feeling well. She was frustrated today because her hair isn't growing back as fast as she would like. I assured her that she has little hairs growing all over her head, and it won't be long before she has a full head of hair. I know that she's tired of being bald and wearing a hat all of the time. I suggested a wig for now, but I probably should have just listened. Any Woman who is married knows that men are natural born problem solvers, (in our heads anyway). I have to try and remember that when my wife is sharing something with me that is bothering her, it doesn't mean she wants me to try and fix it. Sometimes I just need to listen.

I'm sitting on my back porch by myself, except for the dogs of course. They would follow me to Yugoslavia on foot. The moon is magnificent tonight. When I get a little money I would like to invest in a nice telescope. I think Becka and the kids would enjoy that, especially if we went up to the mountains and stargazed off of a peak. We have a great spot for that. Pilot Mountain is about thirty miles away and it has a view that is one of the most beautiful in the world. It is near My Airy North Carolina, AKA Mayberry, where the Andy Griffith show was depicted. I've taken Becka and the kids up there several times. It's one of those places that shows me exactly how beautiful all of God's creations are, but of course, all I have to do is look across the room and see that. My wife is so incredibly beautiful, hair or no hair. I was staring at her today, and she caught me and asked me what I was looking at. I told her, something beautiful. I pray that she knows in her heart how much she means to me, and how she is my life. Through the good and the bad, there is no place in the world I would rather be. I love the life that God has given me, even if I sometimes don't act like it.

Brownies are ready! God Bless and have a great night! Same time tomorrow! PS, Becka has her PET scan on Tuesday. Please pray for remission!