Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 179

It's Friday night and I'm feeling much better. My stomach is under control and the sore on the back of my head is healing. Praise the Lord for inventing antibiotics! I worked all day, then I came home and took Autumn to get her nose pierced. It was her reward for doing so well in school this year! She got a 95 on her EOC's and received several awards at her graduation today. I am truly blessed by a merciful God, to have a beautiful wife, a wonderful son, and two great step kids. I held Autumn's hand today while they pierced her nose with a big needle, then pushed the jewelry through. She was very brave. Becka didn't go because she didn't want to see it. I can understand. Autumn's nose was sore, so she took some tylenol and laid down a few minutes ago.

Becka is doing very well! She went to Autumn's graduation today. I wish I could have gone, but I had to work. I have to work all day tomorrow as well to make up for the days I missed being sick. Becka is actually getting hungry these days, but then she gets nauseous when she gets hungry. Go figure! Her body is still adjusting to not being poisoned. She still has a way to go, but she will get there. WE will get there, together.

I met a videographer this morning to make a short video. He was with the "Lion's Pride" organization. They are the group at my work who helped us out when we needed it. They are an incredible blessing! The man I met was very nice and he led me through it. I was very emotional at times because I had to relive it from the start, and it brought back everything I've felt over the past six months. I think that I needed it to remind me, so that I can truly appreciate how I feel today. It's all about gratitude, and I am incredibly grateful to God for healing Becka. I try my best to live my life one day at a time, because I've learned that things can change before our very eyes. Every second counts with Beck!

It's off to bed in a bit. Good night and God Bless! See you tomorrow!