Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day Eighty Seven

It's Wednesday and things are fantastic! Becka is feeling good today! She drank her boost and ate some Chinese  food tonight, and she's had no nausea or pain. God is truly good! I've got my wife back for now! It's like a ton of bricks has been taken off of my shoulders and heart because she is feeling better. I've prayed so hard for it, and now I see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice. She is so tough! She really should have been a UFC fighter for a living! (She's got a great roundhouse kick).

I called her all day today and I probably got on her nerves, but I just needed to hear her voice. It's so clear and responsive now, even comedic and sarcastic at times! Wonderful!! The chemo is doing it's job, and so is she. She takes fantastic care of herself, drinking tons of water and juice, and eating what she is supposed to when she can eat. She doesn't take any medicine when she's feeling good except her Nexium and sleeping pills. I have an addicts mind so I can't understand that, lol. I would be on my eighth or ninth bottle of vicodin. She is still on her first. Subsequently, no matter how much pain I'm ever in, I will NEVER put another vicodin or any other Opiod in my body. They should only be used for people with chronic pain, cancer, or other diseases, but I used to take them for a headache. I blame the doctors for part of that. Some of them live and die by their prescription pads.

Today can be chalked up in the positive column, and I'm grateful for it. Every day means so much to me now. Life has changed beyond belief. I used to be such a complainer. I would talk about the worst part of my day. Now there are no bad parts, only more difficult ones, but every day with her is a wonderful day. Every day that I can hear her voice, kiss her gently, reach out and touch her, and feel her presence, that is a good day no matter what happens. I never dreamed I could love another person this much.

Her Parents are moving in their new house and bought a car! I'm so happy for them. I hear they are getting a new bedroom suite too! Everyone knows how much joy is associated with a new bedroom suite. The bible says that in Heaven, all things are new. I love new things, I think everyone does. I can see it now, walking through Heaven and someone asks, "What are you eating"? I'll say, "I don't know, but it's new"! "Is that a new suit you are wearing? New hairstyle? Sorry I got off track, but according to the bible, Heaven is going to rock, and we will all be there together with the King of Kings!

Becka is laying down taking a nap because the season finale of "Face Off" comes on at Ten oclock Eastern Standard time and it's one of her favorite shows. I'm too jacked up on steroids to think about sleeping. I have ten days of it left, but it's working! My back and my elbow quit hurting. Getting old is the pits, but the experience that goes along with it is priceless. I do believe that every once in a while, the kids actually listen to what I'm saying. Go figure! My son Dillon has moved back to Winston and has an apartment. He came by tonight and had dinner with us, and he's going to take Taekwondo! I'm glad he's closer. I've missed him dearly, but don't tell him that, lol! He adores Becka. I think that is one of the biggest reasons he moved back, because he has come by to see her every day since he got here. He knows, as does everyone who knows her, how special she is. I've met so many people in my life. Some were influential in my self destruction, and others pulled me from the Gates of Hell and put my feet on the right path. I've learned from all of them, and I pray that they all know the Lord before they leave this place. I hold no resentments today. Life is too short, and that's not a cliche'. It really is. God has loved me enough to save me, so I should try my best to love the way he wants me to. I don't have to try to love Becka, but I'm going to have to give it everything I have to love Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and any active abortionist. I'll keep praying!

Thanks as always. I hope that you know I mean that. I know that a lot of you pray for Becka and Me every day. Some of you have given of yourselves so that we can have, and I will never forget it. The prayers are the most important though. God hears all of you and loves all of you. Please keep it up!

Good night and God Bless! If you are up at Ten, watch Face Off on Sci Fi! It's a fantastic show!