Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day Eighty Six

It's Tuesday night and things are good! Becka went to the doctor today for blood work, and her blood counts are excellent! Her white cell count is slightly down, but otherwise things are fantastic! She's feeling good and eating. She actually drank some milk today! God is good! Thanks so much to our wonderful friend Kristi for taking her to the doctor, and to Fabulous Fern for coming over and sitting with her. We wouldn't trade our friends for gold.........well maybe gold........or cash money!

We were blessed today by my employer. I work for Food Lion, and they have a foundation called Lion's Pride, that helps out employees in need, and they really came through. I can't say enough how wonderful of an organization Food Lion is, and how much I love my job. I try every day to do the very best I can for them, because ultimately I'm working for God. He owns everything anyway, and he is the one who gave me the wisdom and skill to do my job. No matter what happens, I have the best life I could ever hope for. It's the only life I want. The absolute love of my life is on the couch and she's feeling good tonight. That is all that matters to me right now. I think of the parents who lost their children in the school shooting the other day, and I have no complaints tonight. I pray for their hearts and souls. I don't think it's possible to know their pain. No matter what Becka is going through, their lives have ended somewhat, and they will have to start all over again if they even can. I had a very dear friend of mine die when I was a teenager. I had a lot of friends die because of the crowds I was associated with, but she was special. Her name was Heather Miller. She died in a head on collision on Peacehaven Rd in 1987. She was seventeen years old. I went to her funeral and her father embraced me and asked me what he was supposed to do now. I didn't have an answer for him. He killed himself three months later. I guess he figured it out himself. I still feel the twinge of despair when I think about her and all of the other children that have died without ever knowing what life was really about, and I used to wonder why God kept me alive. I tried for so long to destroy myself. I would wake up in my truck and the engine was still running, and I didn't remember driving home. I would inject so many drugs in to my body that I would hit the floor and blood would shoot out of my nose, and every time I knew that my heart was going to explode, but it didn't, and I got up and fixed myself another hit. I could go on and on, and I knew that I was never going to see the age of thirty, but God had another plan for me, and now I know what it is. I'm living it now, repenting of my sins, thanking him for every second I have left with this wonderful woman, and praising him for touching her heart and letting her see past the facade and in to my heart. She chose me to be her man, and I'm going to do everything I can for the rest of my life to convince her she made a good choice.

I'm going to the store to get her some Boost and some juice she likes. God Bless all of you and don't forget to hug your kids please, and don't take this the wrong way, but if you see a child that is acting peculiar these days, please intervene. It's better to be wrong and a little embarrassed than to be right and do nothing. I tell myself that I would know if one of our kids was going to kill his classmates, but who am I to say. I guess I will just have to do my best as a father, talk to my kids, and direct their lives rather than be an observer.

Good night!