Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day Seventy Nine

It's Tuesday night and all is well. Becka had eight hours of Chemo today. The doctor said that he is thrilled with her blood counts and the way she is doing! Beck's Mom was with her today and met her doctor, so I'm sure it meant a lot to her for him to give such a great report. She is super strong I'm telling you! There is no way I could walk through this with such grace and selfless character. I am truly in awe of her. She hasn't been sleeping at night so he gave her something for that, and he also switched her pain meds to a smaller pill that she can swallow, but she never takes anything hardly. You can tell she doesn't have the "addictive" gene that I have. I would have already polished off all of the pain meds and would be working on my fifth or sixth bottle. The doctor of course noticed all of the weight that she has lost, but said she doesn't need her iron pills because her blood counts are so great!

I had a meeting today at work that went great actually. Afterward they took us all out to lunch and I broke my diet with a steak. When I got back to Winston, I called and found out that Beck's Mom had gone to get Autumn at school, so I went to the hospital to be with her. I walked in and they were finishing up her Chemo, so I loaded her in the truck and we came home. Becka has made some friends there, one in particular is always getting chemo on the same days as Becka. It's a fellowship of warriors. I would compare them to a group of Navy Seals. They are all in this together, and they are fighting for their lives. They are the strongest, bravest, most passionate people I have ever met. Becka has the type of personality that people always migrate to, so naturally she is nurturing others in their times of fear while dealing with the same things they are. Just one of the reasons why I love my beautiful wife so much.

I'm cutting this a little short because I have a headache and I'm hitting the sack early. Becka is doing good tonight so it's another great day in the books! Please if you will pray for my Mother and Stepfather. They are grieving the loss of their cat that has been in the family for eighteen years. She was a wonderful cat, loving and kind and a fabulous example of God's unconditional love. Her name was Angel, and if animals are in Heaven, I know that she is there. I know they are hurting and missing her, so please keep them in your thoughts.

Good night and God Bless.