Friday, February 3, 2012

Day Sixty One

It's Friday and Becka's Mother is here! Her flight went well, so well that it was early and she was waiting for them when they got to the airport. I'm so glad she's here. I wish Ruth was still here so that all of the King women would be in one place. Becka has had a difficult day. She has absolutely no energy. I just got off the phone with her doctor's office. She's having trouble swallowing her medication. They gave us some ideas like putting the pills in apple sauce. I dream of a day when she doesn't have to take anything.

I cooked burgers on the grill for supper tonight. They turned out pretty decent. Everyone including Becka ate one, well, she ate part of one, but it's a start! She hasn't been eating hardly anything and I can see the weight falling off of her. It's hard to eat when everything tastes like metal. Her system is so messed up right now because of the life saving stuff they are pumping in to her. When she's well, we are going to her favorite restaurant, (Geghis Grill). Then we are going to my favorite restaurant, (Le Blon). Of course we will have to sell one of the kids to eat there.

I'm taking Andrew skating in a little while. We have to pick Autumn up at the skating rink at 10:30, so we are going at 9:30 and skate for a while. I used to skate every weekend when I was a child, and I was pretty good at it. Actually, I was the best ever. I was once crowned "Grand Pooba Skate Master", and was decorated by President Reagan for my skating ability. The Olympic Committee said I was too good to compete......okay you get the gist. It will be good for Andrew and I to get out of the house and do something together.

Becka is going to bed early. Have I said lately how much I hate cancer? How about I say instead how much I love her. I look across the room at my wife and she looks more beautiful every second. I can tell how happy she is that her Mother is here. I just helped her get in bed, gave her a pill in some apple sauce and it went down, and I put hemp lotion on her head and some vitamin E behind her ears because she has blisters there. I really hate cancer.

I'm going to get ready to go skating since Becka is in bed and in good care. God Bless and sweet dreams!