Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day Sixty

It's Thursday and it's been a difficult day. Mentally and Spiritually I've had a better day, but physically I've had a piercing headache all day, so this is going to be short. I came home and went straight to bed for a couple of hours, and now we are watching a show called "Face Off". It's a competition between a bunch of make up artists. Becka woke up from a nap at the same time I did. She was sitting up on the couch when I walked in the living room. I'm going back to bed soon. I think I may have what Autumn has had for a couple of days. I guess I need to stay away from Becka as much as possible.

Becka is doing okay but is very tired. She has felt good today except for the fact that she has no energy. She usually feels pretty good for about a week after Chemo. Hopefully her body will adjust to it and she won't have as hard of a time as she did last time. I pray that God thinks she's been through enough. I talked to God quite a bit today, asking for forgiveness and for him to direct my thoughts and actions. I know that I'm a different man than I was, but I want to be a different man than I am. Change is hard, but it's not an inside job. I have to change from the outside in. I can't change how I feel, but I can change what I do and how I act, and the fact is, what I do and how I act will change how I feel. I hope that makes sense!

I feel so much better tonight than I did all day. I need to take care of myself so I can take care of Becka. I can't express in words how grateful I am that Debbie is here. She cooked supper tonight and took Andrew to Taekwondo. Becka's Mom will be here tomorrow! I'm looking so forward to that. It will mean the world to Becka for her to be here.

I'm going to bed early. Good night and God Bless!