Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day Eighty Three

Saturday night and things are much better! Becka has been feeling better than she did last night Thank the Lord. She's still in pain and not up and about. Her legs have been hurting her but she's been eating today. The nausea is gone as well. I pray that she's out of the woods from this chemo treatment. She's already gone to bed for the evening. I tucked her in and gave her a pain pill. I've been massaging her feet and legs, but she can't seem to get comfortable. Her muscles are contracting. Chemotherapy is wicked stuff, but if it's killing the cancer and saving her life, it's worth it. As long as she's not nauseous, things are better.

Today has been a long day. I had to work late last night, then woke up at 3:00 am and took my Mother-in-law and Father-in-Law to the airport. They got home safely. I hated seeing them go and didn't know how emotional I would get when they left. I can't express in words what it meant for them to be here and how much they helped. Everyone involved is hurting and we all have skin in the game. There is no way I could do this alone, so I'm very grateful for the help. I know it's for Becka, but we benefit from it just as much.

I didn't know how exhausted I was until today. I laid down for a long nap this afternoon, and I really haven't done anything else today. I'll clean tomorrow. I also decided to suspend my diet for one day, so we ordered pizzas from Dominos. We had a pepperoni, a spinach parmesan, and a cheese with half pineapple. It was heavenly, especially the spinach, which is Becka's favorite and she ate some. Now I'm fixing brownies and I bought some vanilla ice cream to go with them. The kids can smell them from upstairs! I'll go back on my diet tomorrow.

God is everywhere, and he is here for sure. I prayed last night for her to feel better today and she does. I know he has a hand in it. He has a hand in everything. That is why I'm wondering how much he thinks she needs to go through. It doesn't make sense to me. If I went to the doctor and he said that I have cancer, I'd say, "It's about time". She's never done anything to deserve this. I guess that is one of the things that makes it so hard. Becka is so wonderful and beautiful in every way. She's down, but she's not out. We are going to fight this to the end, and win.

Thanks for all of the prayers! God Bless and see you tomorrow!