Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day Seventy

Sunday evening and it's been a long day but good! Becka has been doing well all day. She's feeling good so far and we are very grateful! She's eating and actually enjoying food, and she has some of her strength back. God is truly good! I started off the day by picking up my Father-in-law at the airport this morning. We came back to the house and had sub sandwiches for lunch, then they took off to Walmart and Andrew and I went to the movies. We saw "Star Wars, The Phantom Menace" in 3D. It was fantastic in 3D! Today was the first time I've ever been able to see 3D. Before this, my eyes just wouldn't see it, but there is new technology at the theaters and it jumped off the screen! We had a good time, then we came back to the house and Becka's Dad took all of us to Golden Corral for supper. Before tonight, I had lost eight pounds and four inches, but I'm sure I gained at least half of it back. It's okay. I'll fast for the next couple of days. I'm serious about losing thirty pounds. I feel so much better at 175-180.

We are watching the "Grammy Awards" and they are remembering Whitney. I look at Whitney's life and I say, "There but for the Grace of God go I". She had everything anyone could ever want, and the drugs took it all away. I understand that mentality, and I can relate to how she felt. The sense of hopelessness that comes with drug addiction is where the trap is. By the time I got to that condition, I couldn't see any way out of it, and I knew that the only way I wasn't going to die of an overdose was to end it myself, and I came so close, but God had different plans for me, and here I am.

Our washing machine gave out tonight. I think that it's broken a bearing in the back of the tub, but rather than take it the rest of the way apart, I'm taking it to a friend that knows what he's doing. If it costs too much, I'll just buy a used one. Until then, I've always enjoyed the laundramat! They usually have good video games.

I'm cutting out because I'm exhausted, but very encouraged! If Becka can keep this up after Chemo then the worst of it is over! God always answers prayers....sometimes he says yes, sometimes he says no, and sometimes he says not right now, but he always answers!

Good Night and God Bless!!