Monday, February 13, 2012

Day Seventy One

Monday and all is well! My In-laws are here and Becka is feeling much better! I'm glad she doesn't have chemo for another week. Today was a very productive day at work, but I had to check my attitude at the door a couple of times. I seem to freak out when things don't go exactly as I planned, and I need to remember to accept things and people just as they are. I also need to remember that when I am mad or disturbed, there is always something wrong with me. It's usually that I'm losing something I think I have, or not getting something I think I deserve. I'm very grateful for the people who carried me to this place in my life and taught me a great deal about myself. All of my life, I never thought that I could be the problem. It was always someone else, or the situation that I was in, or circumstances beyond my control. It couldn't be my character defects or short comings. I have since learned differently. I'm glad because I can be better service to Becka and the kids. I've been looking back at my previous blogs and I'm so grateful to God for the way Becka feels today. It's no coincidence, there are no such things. God is good, and he decided she needed to feel good for a change! He heard your prayers and I'll never be able to tell you how grateful I am! Thank you so much! I'm grateful for your strength when I had none. I've been living in fear for so long and it feels incredible to see the lights come back on in my Baby's eyes. She doesn't cry at night anymore and we have hope, and all of you are a big part of that. Again, thank you! I'm going to get her in to bed and write some more later.

Just got back from Taekwondo. I'll be ready for the UFC soon. (Maybe they will let me help set up the cage). I didn't mean fighting, unless they let us use baseball bats, and I still wouldn't do it. We have two guest masters here from Korea. One of them is a nineteen year old Master and she's the National Champion in Form. The male master is a master in Extreme Martial Arts. I can see Andrew being a master one day. I'll just be happy with my black belt. As of today I've lost ten pounds and three inches off my waist. The diet is a breeze now because I know exactly what I want. I need to lose about twenty more, and I should be able to do that in a month. I want to be in the best shape I can be for Becka and for myself. It's nice to feel good in the morning. My other goal is to be able to do a full split. Give me about a year for that one if I don't tear a hamstring first.

I'm going to bed with my gorgeous wife. My heart goes out to all of you. I know that some of you are going through your own trials and tribulations as well, and tonight I'm praying for God's grace to go out to all of you. I'm also praying for his mercy on this nation and protection from the evil that is everywhere. It would be nice to turn on the news and not see where someone had been shot, blown up, or killed their kids. The devil is very busy these days because he knows his time is short. All I need to remember as far as he is concerned is that he runs from the name of Jesus Christ, and God is truly good all of the time!

Sweet Dreams!