Friday, February 10, 2012

Day Sixty Eight

It's Friday evening and all is well. I have a couple of questions for all to ponder. Number one, How powerful is God? Number 2, does he hear our prayers? And Number 3, How much does he love us? I know the answers to all of those questions tonight just by looking at Becka. She's had a very good day! No pain or nausea, and she's eating tonight! She's still weak and that will take time, but this is awesome. I feel like God has reached down and wrapped his hands around her. He knows how scared she has been and still is, and he knows how sick she has been as well, so he's giving her a reprieve. I pray that her body is adjusting to the Chemo and it stays this way. I just got back from Walmart. I bought her a bath seat so she can sit down in the shower. She's still shaky and can't stand for very long, so this will help her to actually enjoy taking a shower. She was up last night though. She couldn't sleep so we sat up and watched TV at 2:00 in the morning.

 I sometimes feel like life will never be normal again, and maybe this is normal, but I think it's time to stand up and take back my house. I've been letting Cancer beat down everyone here, and I need to stand up and tell it to go to the corner. Becka has always said that she has cancer, but it doesn't have her, so I'm going to do my best and be the spiritual leader that God wants me to be, but before I do that, I need to get right with him, and not just when I'm here. I need to act the same way all day and I haven't been. I know from doing a personal inventory that I've been moody and ungrateful, partly because it's easier to act that way. Change is hard (just ask anyone in Washington), but I'm going to do my best to treat everyone the same from now on. I need to forgive on the spot, and ask forgiveness as well. I need to stay away from gossip and set an example for the kids. We don't have to live under a cloud of doom unless we chose to, and I don't want to.  God IS going to heal Beck, and all will be well. Then we can go back to worrying about other things, like the fact that Autumn will be driving next year. I've already been working with her, so by the time she gets her permit, she will be ready for the Daytona 500.

I'm going to call it a night and sit here with Beck and her Mom watching Wipeout, rub her feet and go to bed. I need to read a little too. Good night and God Bless. Your prayers are working, so thank you so very much!