Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 175


It's Monday night and all is better. My head feels like it's splitting though. I went to the doctor today and he said I have a bad infection in the back of my head. He didn't even want to mess with it until I am on antibiotics for a couple of weeks. He said that if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days, or if it gets worse, they may hospitalize me. He put me on Doxycycline which is very strong, but I have to stay out of the sun as much as possible. I'll be fine, but it's hard to lay on a pillow, so I may have to sleep sitting up for a couple of days.

Becka is doing very well! We have another week and a half until her PET scan. Everything depends on that scan. They will decide then whether or not to continue treatment or suspend it for now. Please God let her be in remission. I can't stay up too long tonight because my head is hurting, but something miraculous happened to me today and I'll never forget it, and neither will my neighbors. I can assure you of that.

I was late for work this morning because I had to go to the doctor. I left the house about eight oclock, after I loaded the tables on my truck that we used in our yard sale. I had to take them back this morning. As I was leaving our neighborhood, I saw something in front of me. It was a four year old boy running flat out in his pajamas towards the road at the end of our neighborhood entrance. I was stunned at first, but I immediately knew I had to stop him. I also knew that if I stopped the truck and tried to catch him, I wouldn't make it, so I gunned it and went around him, then whipped the truck sideways in the road to block him. He stopped running and was wide eyed. I pointed at him and said "STOP". Then I asked him where he was going. He said he was going to his friend's house up the road because his Mom was still asleep. I took him by the hand and told him to tell me where he lived. Two of my neighbors had come to the edge of the road because they saw him run by, but they knew they couldn't catch him. I asked one of them to hang on to him while I moved my truck because I was blocking the entire neighborhood, so she did and I backed my truck up and parked it, then walked him home. It turns out he is a neighbor of mine, two houses over. His name is Ethan and he was wearing Thomas the Tank Engine PJ's. We got to his house and his front door was open, so I started ringing the bell. His Mom came down a little dazed, and after I told her what had happened, she started crying, grabbed him up and started kissing his face, and said thank you.

I have no doubt that God put me in the right place at the right time. If I had left ten seconds before I did, he would have been behind me and I wouldn't have seen him. If I had left ten seconds after I did, he would have run straight out in a busy road, and I don't have to finish that sentence. God is good, all of the time. I was just in the right place at the right time, but if definitely affected me. I may have saved his life.

I wanted to share that with all of you. If God can use an old burned out redneck like me, he can use anyone. Thank you so much and God Bless all of you! I will keep you posted!