Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 157

Thursday night and it's business as usual. I just got home from class with Andrew. I was so proud of him in the tournament the other day, and he has a concert tomorrow at school. The kid is fantastic with his violin! I got home from work today and cooked supper. We had some fantastic sausage sandwiches that I cooked on the grill. The kids chowed down, and Becka ate a portion of one. I also cut her some watermelon, which she could live on. It's been a rough day for her. She's been taking her anti-nausea medicine all day, and her body is hurting all over. She was nodding out on the couch, so I just put her to bed. I cranked up the bed warmer to nine before I left for class, so she's as snug as a bug. She took two pain pills, one before I left, and one just now, so I pray she sleeps all night. I can't believe this is almost over! She has about five hairs growing on the back of her head! We were so excited when we found them! I just hope this round of chemo doesn't make them fall out, but even so, her hair is going to come back thick! They said it may come back straight and could even be a different color. It's all good, as long as it comes back. I don't care, but I know she wants it. (If it comes back blonde, we are dying it). No offense to you blondes out there, but I really dig my hot brunette!

Please God just let her get through this without getting sick. If we can keep the medicines in her, maybe she will be okay. It's usually Monday or Tuesday when the effects start going away, so we will see. Either way, it's over for now. Praise God in all his glory! My Baby can feel good again! She has fought so hard for so long it seems. Even before she found out about the cancer, she went through so much, and eventually had to have a hysterectomy. She's been sick for a very long time, and through it all, found the time to love all of us. She really is a remarkable woman. I will never ever know what she saw in me. It had to be God touching her heart. I only pray that I've done all that I could do to enrich her life the way she has mine. She makes me a better man every day just by loving me. She is a true Proverbs 31 woman!

I'm going to chow down and then go to bed. God Bless all of you from the bottom of my heart! The "Good Time" train has left the station, and we are on board! It's going to be a great ride!