Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 159

It's Saturday night and it's been a busy day! Becka and I went to a fund raiser at the church down the street. They were having a 5k for missions trips and a yard sale. We also went to a couple of yard sales. Half of the stuff we own used to belong to someone else! We bought two chicken pies from the church for supper one night. We've had them before and they are Heavenly! I imagine that one of the dishes in Heaven will be "Moravian Chicken Pie". We came back here and I worked on the house, mowed the front and back lawns, and did some laundry. Autumn and I went Mother's Day shopping. I'll let you know tomorrow what we bought. My stepfather is very sick with the flu, so please keep him in your prayers. We aren't going to my Mother's house tomorrow because of that, but we had something delivered there. I'll tell you what this is tomorrow as well! Right now I'm waiting on our sheets to dry so Becka can go to bed. It shouldn't be long. I had to massage her legs and feet tonight because they are cramping so bad from the chemo. Her body is pretty much hurting all over, but still no nausea. I'll be so glad when this is over, and I know she will too. I'm in NO pain after the cortisone I got yesterday. My leg and even my elbow feels great! The only bad thing about cortisone is that I won't know if I hurt it worse.

Tomorrow will be a day of rest, even though Becka and I took a two hour nap today. I have very strange dreams when I sleep during the day. I woke up and cooked some Mexican pizzas for supper. Everyone enjoyed them! We will probably eat the pies tomorrow night.

Becka is exhausted and hurting. I'm watching her on the couch right now. She's dozing off until I can get the bed made. I'll work on our bedroom tomorrow. There are clothes everywhere that need to be put away. Becka does as much as she can and them some. I usually need to "persuade" her to rest. I know she wants to help, but she needs to let her body heal, and I'm not really worried about the housework anyway. I will get to it when I get to it. Even if I clean the entire house, it will just be dirty again tomorrow. Remember, we have four dogs and three kids. I just pray that God keeps giving me the energy to keep going. The kids are eager to help as well, (when I threaten their lives). It's amazing how much you can get a kid to do these days when you hold an IPOD over the toilet.

I'm going to make the bed, give Becka a pain pill, and tuck her in. MAN I love my life. I wouldn't be anywhere else in this world right now. My wife loves me, my kids love me, my boss loves me, and my dog thinks I hung the moon! What else is there? I mean, I could use a million dollars, but until then it's okay. (Someone please forward this to Bill and Melinda Gates). I hear they are very charitable. We are going to have to put some money away soon to buy a new vehicle. Our minivan has see it's better days and I'm afraid it's going to break down. I'm very grateful for it though. It still runs and the air conditioning and radio work! God will make a way. I haven't said this yet, but we did receive a blessing. Our landlord lowered our rent by 200.00 a month. God Bless him and his family. I told him we were going to have to move, and he told us that they want us to stay. It means so much to me when someone sacrifices like that. They knew Becka was in no condition to move, so here we are!
God is constantly taking care of us, either by miracles or by touching people's hearts. One day, I will be on the giving end, I can promise you that, and I won't forget anything that people have done for us. There is so much love in my heart right now for my family and for all of you. I pray that God keeps it there forever!

Sweet dreams!