Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 152

It's Saturday night and we are beat. We had a fantastic day though. We spent all day in a very hot gymnasium at our taekwondo tournament. Every muscle in my body is hurting. Becka is pretty sore as well. The tournament went fantastic. Andrew was phenomenal. He's won seven medals now. His form was spot on, he broke his board clean, and then came the sparring. Andrew went up against a young man who was bigger than Andrew and obviously had more experience sparring. Andrew and I had a game plan and it was working great until the other kid kicked Andrew in the jaw. Head shots are prohibited so he got a warning, but then just a few seconds later, he nailed Andrew in the groin. Andrew was hurt so they gave him a timeout and I ran over to talk to him. He got up and was going to finish the fight, and then the kid kicked him in the groin again. It was over at that point. He was going to continue, but I stopped it. I could tell that he was in a lot of pain, so I told him he didn't have anything else to prove and we were proud of him. He will heal, train some more, (and one day knock that kid out).

We got to see three of our instructors become Masters! They are all incredible people. The dedication involved and the commitment it takes to become a Master in Korean Taekwondo is unparalleled.

Everyone was very glad to see Becka! We stayed long enough for me to compete in form, then we left. I took second, and there were more than two people competing, so I'm pretty happy with that! Becka is hurting, so she's going to take a pain pill and go to bed. Life is so good right now! I'm grateful beyond words. Tomorrow is a day of rest and cleaning, so I'll write some more then! God Bless and goodnight!