Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 161

It's Monday night and things are definitely looking up! Becka is feeling better. She's still hurting, but she's eating and we are watching "America's Got Talent". Howard Stern is a judge this year. I really should be at taekwondo, but we are having major thunderstorms and I'm exhausted. There is no way I'll be able to stay up for this. Becka is eating jerky. You can tell because all of the dogs aren't letting her out of their sights. I make beef jerky in a dehydrator out of London Broil. This time I made a batch of "hickory" flavor. I also make teriyaki and hot. It's the one thing that she's been able to eat ever since she started Chemo. Her favorite is the hickory and hot mixed, (hot hickory). I've thought about maybe trying to sell some. Everyone who has tried it has liked it, but I now understand why jerky is so expensive in the stores. It takes me two days to make one batch, and the ingredients are very expensive.

I'm SO glad she's feeling better! She has an Aridia treatment tomorrow. Aridia is a wonderful cancer drug that boosts her healing. It also keeps the cancer from traveling to her bones. Cancer research has come so very far in the past couple of years. One day we will be on the plus side again, and we are DEFINITELY supporting cancer research! The doctors and nurses that have saved Becka's life are Angels, and I am forever in their debt. Becka has a LONG way to go. She still can't travel far, she gets dizzy easily, and her body has taken a beating, but we will get there sooner or later! She wants so badly to get back to work. Becka loves her job and she really misses it, and apparently she's very good at it since she has an entire wall of awards from Unum. That is one company that takes care of it's employees. They have been very good to her and to us through all of this. Two companies that I thoroughly recommend to work at are Food Lion and Unum. Both of them treat us like family rather than just an employee.

It's storming horribly here so I'm going to cut this short while I still have internet service. God Bless and see you tomorrow!