Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 174

It's Sunday night and I'm going to bed. I made a mistake today by not going to the doctor. I thought that the knot on the back of my head had gone down, so I didn't go, but tonight I'm in quite a bit of pain. The pain is now shooting down through my shoulder and my ear. If I got bit by something, it was quite venomous. I'm going in the morning if I'm not better.

Something very spiritual happened to me today. A couple of weeks ago, I opened our back door in the morning and a hawk was sitting there. He and I made eye contact, then he spread his wings and took off. He was beautiful. Today, I got home and the neighborhood kids were gathered around something beside of our house. It was the hawk, and he was injured. I got them away from him and called the sheriff's department. They put me in touch with animal control, who put me in touch with the wildlife department, who put me in touch with the North Carolina Raptor Association, who gave me the number to a lady who nurses them back to health. I put the hawk in a container, then went and met her across town. She was incredible with him! She picked him up and held him, and he seemed to bond with her. She said that more than likely, he had flown in to something and was stunned, but she's going to take him and give him IV anti-inflamatories, then nurse him back to health. She's been doing it for forty years. It was incredible for me to be that close to a bird like that, and be able to help him!

Becka is doing very well. She's still weak, but she's feeling good enough to go out to dinner with some friends of ours tonight. We went to Ruby Tuesday's. We love them and love spending time with them! They are remarkable people and fantastic friends!

I feel pretty rough, so I'm going to bed. God Bless and please pray for healing, for everyone it seems! See you tomorrow!