Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 170

It's Wednesday night and I should be at Taekwondo, but my foot is still hurting from where I re-broke it the other day, and if I don't let it heal, it will keep on hurting. I took Andrew and picked him up and he said they had a great class. Becka and I are working on our yard sale anyway. We are having a yard sale this Saturday to try and raise some money to pay some of these doctor bills, so please if you are in Winston Salem, spread the word. I will post it on Craig's List on Friday as a "Yard Sale to raise money for cancer related bills". Becka has been working hard yesterday and today trying to get ready for it, and she's feeling it. She is worn out. I'm watching her through the back door and she keeps nodding on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her. She cleaned out our closet and I can tell you that was a CHORE. There was so much stuff in our closet that we couldn't walk through it. We have quite a few things to sell this weekend. We don't have the kids so I am taking her out to eat for sure! We haven't been on a date in a while. We are meeting some dear friends Saturday for dinner. Now that her appetite is back she will be able to enjoy it! I'm hoping and praying that it keeps going this way. We've got to get her white blood cell count up soon. She can't really be around anyone while it's down.

The past few days have been somewhat emotional for me. Words can not express how grateful I am to God for healing her. She still has a ways to go, but the fear is almost gone and it's been replaced with an insatiable wanting. I want so much for her to be free and clear of cancer. When all of this started, I really didn't know how it was going to end. God hasn't made us wonder for very long. He has poured out his grace and glory on Becka, and shown us just how much he loves us and listens to our prayers. I still have my beautiful wife. The kids still have their wonderful Mother. Her parents still have their incredible daughter. Her brother and sisters who have been so devoted through all of this still have their sister, and the world is a much brighter place with her in it. I would crawl through fire and broken glass to get to her. That is how special she is to me. She is such a part of me that I have never been able to imagine my life without her. The only way I could see the future was with her in it, and now it is coming to pass. My life is truly complete and I don't want for anything, except the means to better hers and the kids lives. I personally don't need anything else, but I will take an ITUNES card! (I would probably just give it to her).  I have about seventy songs on my IPOD. She has about seven hundred, lol.

God Bless you all and thanks as always. Your strength and commitment will not go by the wayside. I will remember it, and I'm here if you need me!