Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 156

It's Wednesday night and I'm finally sitting down! I haven't been home from work very long. I had to work late because I was helping another technician in one of his stores. I got a late start this morning because I woke up sick. I was up most of the night with stomach stuff and I couldn't breath this morning. I think I have the same thing the kids have had for a few days. I felt better as the day went on. Becka is feeling okay but she's wiped out. She will be for about a week. I just pray that she gets through this round without nausea, but they filled her up with stuff since it was her last one, so we are prepared. I had her anti-nausea medicine refilled last night and she is going to take it proactively. In a few days, it will all be over!

For months, I have been trying to create a chronological record of what she has been going through. Now I'm going to shift gears and report on her progress! We have so much to look forward to now! She's going to start feeling better at first, then her energy will return. We will help that with good food and vitamins. She can start exercising as well to build up her muscles, and of course, she will grow hair! I KNOW she wants to have hair again. She has a gorgeous head, but she should have a great head of hair by the time winter gets here. Another thing that will return is her appetite. It has already to some extent, but she will be able to enjoy food like she used to be able to. She will have more freedom to go places and make plans for the future, and we definitely have plans.

I guess the thing we won't miss the most is fear. A lot of that has been removed. We don't live in terror like we did at the start, but it's still there, and it will be until she has her scan in about a month. When she is cancer free, that will be when I sleep all night. That will be when I don't have panic attacks anymore. That will be when I can take a full breath and not feel like throwing up. Fear will be replaced with serenity.

 I love my wife so very much! I love my in-laws too. Becka's sisters are both incredible women of faith who walk the walk. They are the same people on Saturday night that they are on Sunday morning. They get it from their parents who are two of the most devoted people on the planet. Becka's Father and Mother are beyond reproach. There isn't anything negative to say about them. Her brother is a devoted, caring father and husband who loves his family and God. I really am crazy about the whole family, and they have embraced me as a part of the family. I consider it an honor!

The life I want is what I have, and freedom is right around the corner. Freedom to take Becka places, do things together, and make new memories that will replace the bad ones of the past. It's almost here! God is good, so very good!

I'm going to get her to bed. God Bless and thanks so much as always! Our Journey is changing, and the promised land is in sight! See you tomorrow!