Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day

Sunday night and I can't believe the weekend is gone already. It was great though! We went to a couple of yard sales yesterday, and today we took the girls to the mall, then we took Andrew and a friend of his to "Airbound". It's a new place in Winston that is full of trampolines. The kids can jump back and forth from one to the other. Andrew had been wanting to go for a while now. Becka and I sat and watched them have a ball, then we went to cookout and had a milk shake. I brought them back to the house and dropped them off, then picked up Autumn, went to the grocery store, and came home to cook tacos for supper.

 Becka is feeling great, and she's growing even more hair. She has peach fuzz all over the top of her head! It won't be long before she won't have to wear a hat anymore. I can't describe in words what a blessing it is to watch her heal before my very eyes. Her spirit is so strong and she has fought so hard to get here. She deserves to have hair again! I knew that the cancer didn't have a chance with her. She has said all along that she's not ready to give up, and we still have lots of things to do together. This experience has strengthened our relationship and brought us closer together as a family. God has a reason for everything, and he healed her, so he must have a glorious plan for her! I have always thought that my wife is gorgeous, but since she's not on chemo anymore, her color has come back and her eyes are as clear as crystal! Her clothes don't fit her anymore because of the weight loss, and her feet are so small! Everything about her gets better every day! I know that sounds cliche', but my heart has been in this from the beginning, and the pain and fear have paid off. I have my wife back!

Everything good that has happened is a result of prayer. God is responsible for all good things that happen to us. We are so very grateful to all of you! So many people have stepped up to the plate, and we love you for it! Thank you!

We are playing a new game together, so I'm going to play for a while then go to bed. The game is called "Draw Something". She and I also play Gin. Games are a great way for a family to come together I think. It helps us anyway! God Bless and I'll update tomorrow!