Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 166

It's Saturday night and we are watching Nascar racing. To tell you the truth, I won't be up much longer. I just can't seem to shake this stuff, but I'm feeling better. I have GREAT news to report. Becka is growing hair!! She has little hairs coming in all over the top of her head! One of them was hurting her, so I pulled it out with a pair of tweezers. We are thrilled! She has lots of them, and they will only get thicker as the chemo works itself out of her body! Things can only get better from here! We prayed for this moment in time, where she's done with treatment, her hair is growing back, and we can forget about cancer for a while, and it's here finally. It doesn't seem like it's been months that she was taking treatments. It seems like years. I'm just afraid that since the cancer is gone from her brain, she will realize that I'm her husband one morning, scream and run down the street. I have a stun gun and net standing by!

We went out to breakfast this morning. I love the fact that she is enjoying food again. It's so wonderful for me to be able to go places with Becka. She is still having problems with dizziness and she's weak, but it gets better every day. We stopped by and saw my sister. Everyone tells Beck how good she looks. Besides the hair being gone, she doesn't look like a chemo patient. She's a babydoll!

We are going to have a yard sale in a couple of weeks to try and raise money for some of our doctor bills and such. Becka is okay with advertising it as a cancer charity yard sale. I see people having fund raisers all of the time for cancer patients, so I'm okay with it too. I would actually love to raise some money for a nice vacation. I think she deserves to feel the sand and smell the ocean.

Life is good tonight! I'm going to rub Becka's feet, watch the race, and eat some cookies! (What diet). God Bless and sweet dreams! Same time tomorrow!