Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 149

It's Wednesday night and I'm running a little late. I just finished cleaning the kitchen because Becka cooked. She made a fabulous chicken and pasta dish, and some corn on the cob. It's been a rough day though. I woke up all night last night from bad dreams and various pains, so when I got home from work I was exhausted, and the minute I walked in the house, my phone rang with an emergency and I had to go back to work. When I got home the second time, I walked in the house, kissed Becka, took off my uniform, and laid down in the bed for a couple of hours. I didn't wake back up until about seven thirty, and here I am. Becka is in a lot of pain tonight, so this is going to be short. The pain is in her side and back, on the left. She's hurting so bad tonight that she took two pain pills and she's already laid down. I'm going to write this and go be with her in case she needs something. She's going to call the doctor in the morning just in case, but we are hoping she's pulled a muscle.

I have to tell you what someone did today. One of the guys that delivers wine to some of my stores brought me something to give Becka. He knows all about what she's been going through, so be brought us a cardboard cut out, (life size), of Jim Valvano. He's riding on top of his player's shoulders and it says, "Never give up, never ever give up", on the top of it. For those of you who might not know who Jim Valvano was, he was the head coach of the NC State basketball team who took his Cinderella team to win the National Championship. Years later he battled cancer and eventually lost, but he gave one of the most famous speeches in all of sports right before he died where he said, Never give up, never ever give up. If you have time, please pull it up on Youtube and listen to the speech. Anyone with cancer will appreciate it. The "Jimmy V" foundation was started and named after him. They raise money for cancer research.

I'm headed to check on her. She's in a great deal of pain. She also took an anti nausea pill just in case. God Bless and sweet dreams!